As you gear up for the most important quarter of the year and the holidays approach, it’s the perfect time to enhance your team with remote talent. If the COVID-19 pandemic has shown us anything, it’s that remote working, once viewed skeptically, has been the secret powerhouse keeping whole industries functional.
More than that, it has demonstrated that at times of great demand, supplementing your workforce with contract workers can prove highly cost-effective and increase revenue. This is particularly important in 2021, with supply chain shortages, political unrest, and economic uncertainty. You won’t need to worry about COVID-19 vaccination protections either, with remote teams working safely from home.
Distributed support is one of the fastest growing trends in business in 2021, given a boost by the necessities of the pandemic but already on the rise before the world had even heard of COVID-19. Whether it’s market research, customer support, design, copywriting, or website development work, there is an ample pool of remote part-time or contract workers ready and willing to assist.
A recent piece in the Harvard Business Review reported that 90% of employers are now embracing a hybrid working model, with some office-located staff and a growing remote team. Transitioning to this can be made easier when you first experiment with augmenting your in-house team with remote workers on-demand.
Why is Q4 so Vital?
There’s no doubt that Q4 is a hectic and challenging time thanks to a perfect storm of factors, including:
- End-of-year accountancy requirements add to workload
- Seasonal holidays mean there are fewer permanent workers around
- Seasonal surges of consumer activity take place, at Halloween, Thanksgiving, Eid, Hanukkah, Diwali, Christmas, and New Year
- Quota and targets set in earlier quarters can seem vital to hit before year-end
- Illness tends to spike as the weather worsens, adding sick days into the mix
- Planning for Q1 is also essential
And yet, Q4 is often one of the most-hyped times in a company’s annual cycle. As a recent Forbes article by Julie Thomas, CEO of ValueSelling Associates, points out:
“In quarter four (Q4), many sales leaders make the mistake of waiting too late to course-correct. To set your team up for a strong finish, you need to put a plan in action now — not in late November.”
In the Forbes article, Thomas argues that rather than concentrating 100% on hitting sales quotas, energy should be reserved for prospecting new customers too. But how on earth can you address the challenges of the season whilst seeking out new business too?
Outsourcing with Remote Talent
Outsourcing can be a clever strategy, and there’s no shortage of freelance and short-term contract professionals able to work from home to help you stay on track. Since you’ve almost certainly set up effective remote working policies and methods, why not get the most out of them by temporarily extending your team. The advantages of this strategy are many:
- Focus effort precisely where you need it
- Enhance your team with exactly the skill set you need for holiday cover
- Divide and conquer – work on sales AND marketing to new customers
- Maintain staff levels at exactly the level you need, without overprovision
- Get to know new professionals who may become regular employees
- Reduce the stress levels of your permanent employees
- Quicken onboarding, with professionals ready to hit the ground running
So long as you source talent from a reputable firm, you should be able to enhance your sales, digital marketing, copywriting, design, or other departments with skilled and experienced staff who will relish the challenges you set.
Here are just some of the ways in which you might use these remote workers:
- Boosting Sales: handling a seasonal rush, taking advantage of shifts in consumer behavior.
- Targeting a new marketing campaign: focus your outreach efforts with an augmented team
- Maintaining your CRM activity, touching base with regular customers
- Completing projects running up against deadlines in a busy period
- Engaging in project work, such as a satisfaction survey
SheWorks! can help you source brilliant, specialist talent with a wide range of skills and abilities.
Digital Marketers, Growth Specialists, Writers, Designers, Sales Team, Ecommerce, Developers, Social Media Marketers, Customer Support, Email Marketers… and much more.
Access The SheWorks! Global Talent Marketplace
Our platform has trained, vetted, and categorized thousands of top-level female professionals, ready to join your team at short notice for variable periods. Using our marketplace, you’ll quickly find the perfect individuals to support the departments that most need help in Q4 and beyond.
Simply contact us and tell us what you need, and we will provide you with a list of prospective candidates, all pre-selected by us to provide the very best service. You’ll be supporting the careers of up-and-coming female specialists too, whilst targeting the pressure points in your organization in a timely manner.
Try SheWorks! Today
There’s just one question you need to ask yourself: does your business have all the resources it needs to end Q4 of 2021 on a high? If there’s any doubt about the answer, then give our site a visit and consider bringing in some temporary talent to fill any gaps you may have.
Here are some of the advantages of using SheWorks! to source your seasonal staff:
- Save up to 40% on average on hiring costs
- Access a global pool of talent from one portal
- We guarantee satisfaction – or your money back
- Full, real-time transparency via our award-winning platform.Access part-time, full-time, or project basis workers in one place
- Draw upon the resources and language skills of over 50 countries
- Over 20,000 professionals have used our portal to find work
Time and time again, we’ve proven that our remote workers are ready for anything.
- Read more about Passio Success story
Q4 is always the most important quarter of any business year. We’re here to make sure you have a phenomenal one!