The Event Manager will be based in Miami, Florida. This person will provide a comprehensive support for the execution of a two-day event to be held at the end of November 2018. The performing period for this contract will be from March 1st, 2018 – December 15th, 2018.
- To serve as central coordinating body and extension of the CLIENT’s core team and drive integration and alignment;
- Track and follow up on progress of deliverables, package content, and provide general support as needed;
- Develop deliverables and timeline project plan schedule that will include weekly updates shared with the core team;
- Coordinate and document bi-weekly planning calls, draft and share menus;
- Provide speaker communications process, executing schedule of ongoing update emails, drafting once a speaker is identified and contracted;
- Liaison with confirmed speakers on deadlines to submit different deliverables (i.e. short synopsis of sessions, bios, photos, presentations, A/V requirements, NDA’s, presentation approvals and media approvals, etc.) and managing speak inquiries.
- Support client on-site during the event to run the general session;
- Liaison with all speakers at rehearsals and on-site needs;
- Collect all final presentations after the event with speaker’s approval to share with the attendees;
- Provide final PDF secure versions on all approved presentations for upload to the event website
- Attend site-inspections as needed;
- Provide on-site support as needed;
- Attend meetings at CLIENT’s office as needed.
- At least 5 years experience working as a project manager
- Proven experience organizing large and complex events
- Background in communications or marketing
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Excellent organizational skills
- A knack for problem-solving
If you are interested, please contact maricruz@wheresheworks and write “EVENT MANAGER – Miami” in the email subject. Thank you!